Baboy Nga May Hipon
- Category: Bybie's Specialities
- Published: Sunday, 18 November 2018 21:57
- Written by Bybie
- Hits: 4343
½ k. pork with fat, cut into small cubes
1 c. hipon (bagoong alamang)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onions cut into small cubes
2 tomatoes cut into small cubes
1 T. white sugar
Spring onions, chopped
2 chilies (optional)
1. In a frying pan or wok simmer pork meat in its own juice until its own fats comes out and add oil if needed. Fry until it is cook and crispy. Set aside.
2. In the same frying pan sauté garlic, onions, spring onions, tomatoes and add chilies and sugar.
3. Let it to simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve hot with rice.
Not many would like this recipe during this holiday season. I was invited by a friend one time for dinner. And she asked me to make something that will go with the soup, chicken and meat as she has had enough turkey, ham etc... with all the parties going on with friends and relatives. So, I asked her if it would be alright to cook something with hipon. She was so pleased to hear it as the most of her visitors will be Filipinos. So, at the end of the night everyone seemed to enjoy their meal.