- Category: Bybie's Specialities
- Published: Sunday, 18 November 2018 19:24
- Written by Bybie
- Hits: 8081
Kalderetang Manok (Cebuano)
8 pcs. chicken drumsticks or thighs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 med size onions, cut into cubes
1 med size tomato, sliced
2 med. Size potatoes, slices
2 med. size carrots,sliced
½ each red & green pepper bell, cut into strips (capsicums)
1 tsp. achuete (annatto or paprika)
2 Tbsp. tomato paste or tomato ketchup
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch mix with 3 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
1 tsp. brown sugar
2 1/2 c water
3 tbsp. cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry sliced potatoes and carrots in a frying pan until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Fry sliced pepper (capsicums) for a couple of minutes remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same frying pan fry garlic, onions and tomato. Add chicken until slightly brown and add tomato paste, annatto, soy sauce, salt, pepper, brown sugar and water. 4. Boil and simmer until tender.
5. Add fried potatoes, carrots, pepper, breadcrumbs and cornstarch. Season to taste.
Here is another version of Caldereta with the use of an instant caldereta mix by Mama Sita or Mc Cormick for those who are working and would like to have something tasty, easy and quick to prepare. This mix will give your caldereta a spicy taste.
1 kg. Chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
2 med size potatoes, cut into cubes
2 med size carrots cut into cubes
1 pc. red bell pepper (capsicum)
1 pc. Green red pepper (capsicum)
½ c green peas
2 c. water
1 packet Mama Sita Caldereta mix
1. Fry potatoes, carrot cubes and pepper in cooking oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Fry chicken until brown on both sides. Add water, boil and simmer until tender.
3. Add mama sita caldereta mix, potatoes, carrots and pepper, cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Stir once in a while.
5. Add green peas and cook for 2 minutes before removing from heat.